I make a defined group of furniture, although, a lot of my business is Custom. Custom projects are either “one of a kind” piece or piece of furniture I make, but altered for size or style.
I discuss in person or through email or over the phone with customers. Emailing, pictures, drawings is usually how the project begins.
I have designed 100’s of pieces of furniture, from Shaker inspired to Jacobean. The personal preference of the customer is fore most. Size, style, function are the ket components. Function is especially important, you don’t want to buy something that won’t meet your needs.
For instance a dining table. Tables begin with, the style of table then how many you would like to seat.
- Discussion on the phone or email
- Wood Selection (Stained wood or Natural Oiled Finish)
- Rough Drawing and Price
- Discuss rough concept drawing
- I draw a Computer generated drawing for review and approval
- 50% deposit puts order into work schedule
- purchase wood
- send pictures during crafting of piece of furniture (updated through email with pictures of progress)
Computer Generated Drawing: